You want to make the world a brighter place? Then you better be able to see in your mind’s eye, know it in your gut and have a plan for it in your head.
Hi. We are Bright New World and we are here to win the future back.
We are the environmentalists for the 21st century. What does that mean?
It means we don’t pick and choose our science and we don’t turn away from reality. Climate change, growing populations, shrinking wild spaces…check, check, check. We stare it in the face and refuse to blink.
We mobilise to support practical, achievable solutions that will right this beautiful spaceship of ours.
Actions and solutions that start now and will be felt for generations. We know what we need to do and we will fight to get it done.
In a world that will soon hold 10 billion humans, each as worthy as the last, the key to our great future is energy.
Energy… plentiful, clean and affordable.
When we pair it with human ingenuity, it is the great universal substitute that takes the pressure off our natural world.
We can get that energy from fission. Nuclear power. Today’s and tomorrow’s technology. With that plentiful clean energy we can conserve, protect and restore our nature while bringing lives of dignity and opportunity to people around the world. We are an all-hands- on-deck kind of place when it comes to renewables and nuclear working together because these challenges are big, big, big. That’s why we need the big pay offs, the big substitutes, the big answers... so we’re a fission-friendly operation, first and foremost.
We are Bright New World. We see it, we feel it, we know it… and we do it.
BNW has the following objectives, as stated in the constitution:
1. to contribute to the stabilisation and rapid reduction in greenhouse gas emissions so as to achieve the lowest practicable level of atmospheric concentration of greenhouse gas, thereby contributing to the stability of Earth’s climate;
2. to further the urgent needs of human development and welfare worldwide through the elimination of poverty and the promotion of international cooperation;
3. to create a planet that is richer in natural resources and biodiversity through:
- the progressive decoupling of human development and welfare from activities that place pressure upon, consume the resources of, and degrade the quality of the natural environment; and
- the application of rigorous research and human ingenuity to the restoration, conservation and protection of the natural environment
4. to promote pathways to the provision of plentiful, globally scalable energy that is free of greenhouse gas emissions and minimizes all impacts on the natural world for the purposes of meeting clauses 1, 2 and 3, including a non-exclusive focus on the beneficial uses of nuclear fission technologies;
5. to provide an inclusive, a-political and intellectually rigorous destination for like-minded individuals and organisations to explore and collectively act upon clauses 1, 2, 3 and 4;
6. to provide a source of credible resources for government, media, educational institutions and private enterprise in issues related to clauses 1, 2, 3 and 4; and
7. to operate a fund that will accept donations of money or property in compliance with the Tax Act.
8. to be the coolest damn NGO on the planet (ok.... no that's not actually in the constitution. But we mean it, and thanks for reading this far, we love you)